Saturday, May 8, 2010

Update on My New Year's Resolutions:


1. I am slacking in the make-new-meals-once-a-month category. I think I have done it for three out of four months. I'll catch up.

2. I am scheduled to participate in a free 5K with the Provo Center of Weight Watchers on June 5, 2010.

3. I am on track for reading 24 books a year. I am almost finished with my 9th book. I hope I can step up the pace now that spring/summer terms are here. I don't want to overwhelm myself with extra reading once graduate school starts in the fall. Right now, I am reading Anne Frank's diary.


4. I was accepted to graduate school! I was offered interviews at all four schools: Millersville University, Penn State University, University of Pennsylvania, and George Washington University. I was accepted to MU and PSU, and I turned down the interviews for Penn and GWU because I already decided to go to Millersville! Classes start August 30.

5. Temple attendance: 2/4 months, I think. Step it up, woman!

6. Re-capturing WW goal weight? I am still about 8 pounds away, but I am working hard. I am currently doing a Biggest-Loser-style challenge with the other employees at WW.

7. I went skiing with Scott, Kristin, and Jeffy on January 30, 2010 at Brighton Ski Resort. It was a lot of fun, though I'm not very good at stopping.


8. Scott and I are planning to visit Independence, MO and Nauvoo, IL when we drive to PA in August.

9. I received an A in my Abnormal Psychology class! Success!

10. Scott's biggest cheerleader: I think I am doing pretty well, considering that I am currently his scribe for his homework problems (he can't write with his right hand due to recent hand surgery), and I have no clue what I am writing.

11. Moab Camping Trip is in the works. Possible date of June 18, 2010.

12. So far, I have done 100% of my Visiting Teaching.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!!! I love how you reflect back on your resolutions, and can write down when you have completed them. I need to do that.
    We cannot wait to have you our East with us.

    I didn't even think about how Scott cannot write with having surgery recently. How wonderful that he has you to scribe for him. You are amazing. I remember having to help Brian with a lot of simple daily tasks when he tore his hamstring when we were first married. It's amazing how much we take for granted, even things like trying to tie our own shoes, all because of one injurty.

    My dad said when he broke his pinky a few years ago he was shocked with how much he couldn't do with just one broken finger.

    Good luck, and we are praying for a quick recovery for Scott. See you two in August!!! Let me know if you need me and the boys to drive out and check out apartments, restaraunts, parks, fun hangouts.... for you.

    ReplyDelete