Saturday, June 5, 2010

WW 5K

One more New Year's Resolution taken care of: 

I ran a 5K today!

It was organized through Weight Watchers as part of their 2010 Walk-It Challenge. Having not trained at all for the run, I was hoping to finish in under 45 minutes. Here's the thing, though--I didn't see the sign to turn around and head back to the finish line, so I just kept running.

 And running.

Until I noticed that I was alone on the trail with a few picnic-goers. I finally turned around and made it back AND finished in about 42 minutes. 

So, not bad for the long detour I took. 


Picture from last year's 5k at the Provo Freedom Festival with my Mom.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!! That is GREAT!!! I wish I could have been there to see you do it! (Did you miss me running beside you, complaining?? ;)
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete