Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Resolutions

My New Year's Resolutions:

1. Learn how to cook a new meal every month. I did this last year, and it was a huge success. I like to cook, but I run out of ideas fast, and who doesn't need more cooking practice?

2. Participate in a 5K. I ran my first 5K on July 4th last year in Provo with my mom. I hope to do one again, but I actually want to train for it this time. Hey, Mom--want to join me again?

3. Read 24 books in 2010. An average of two a month, though I hope to read more than that before I get to grad school so that I am not overwhelmed with textbook reading, too.

4. Get accepted to graduate school. I am applying to School Counseling programs at schools in Pennsylvania and Washington D.C. I don't have total control over this, but I am doing all that I can to attain this goal.

5. Attend the LDS temple at least once a month.

6. Recapture my goal weight for Weight Watchers. I currently need to lose 8 pounds to do this.

7. Go skiing in Utah. We may be moving in August, and I still have never been skiing at all, let alone in Utah. This is my last chance!

8. Visit a church history site. I would like to go to Nauvoo, ideally, but I can be flexible.

9. Get an "A" in my Abnormal Psychology class (I am currently enrolled for the Winter semester at BYU).

10. Be Scott's biggest cheerleader. Not literally biggest...remember #6?


11. Go camping in Moab, UT and Arches National Park. We have a tent, and we have only used it once--in the front yard. It's time to put it to use.



12. Do 100% of my Visiting Teaching.

I feel good about these goals. They are all realistic and attainable, though they will require some planning and hard work. I did really well with resolutions last year, so I am confident that I can do well again. Bring it on, 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Ok....maybe I will run the 5K with you again. It all depends when I come to visit you. I may need to bring Alison with me and I am not sure when she will come home yet from her mission. So, I guess this means that I also need to train for this 5K and run EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!! What do you say??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to come for the July 4th one, but it could be a fun tradition. If I don't do one in the spring or summer, then I will have to do one in PA with you in the fall. I think it could be fun--bring Alison, too!

    ReplyDelete